Listing No.: 50518
Model: 1964 Shelby CSX 7000
In 1964, Shelby American introduced the FIA version of the small block Cobra, which dominated its class in many forms of racing throughout the 60's against marques like Corvette, Jaguar and Aston Martin. To celebrate the 50th Anniversary, Shelby American manufactured 50 limited edition Continuation Series (CSX7000) Shelby 289 FIA Cobras.
Each was painted Viking Blue with Arctic White FIA roundels, optional matching white wheel centers, premium black all leather interior, special billet anniversary badges, original style powder coated wheels and a variety of additional options. Paint options were limited to the purchaser’s choice of team stripe colors.
The 289 FIA Cobras were among the most important cars in American racing history and driven by some of the most revered names in racing like Bondurant, Miles, Gurney and Hill. These Cobras were designed and built with racing in mind. Modifications included a new dash, widened front and rear fenders, cut back doors, racing wheels featuring a pin drive hub, and oil cooler scoops. All come with unique Shelby issued CSX serial numbers, a Shelby American issued MSO, and a place in the registry as a 50th anniversary edition Cobra.
All 50th Anniversary Cobras were identical, except for the owner’s choice of team stripe color. The only other options were white wheel centers, choice of tires, roundel numbers, detachable steering wheel, fuel filler deflector, grab handle, and a custom car cover. This one has all options.
The one we have available is #16 of 50 and has the number “16” painted in the roundels and a red team stripe. It is BRAND NEW still under the factory MSO, with 86 testing and delivery miles on the odometer. It is flawless nose to tail, and the only new one we know of in existence. All others have been sold and are now in service.
The powertrain is a correct 289 C. I. block, bored and stroked to 347 C. I. with electronic “8 stack” fuel injection that resembles the original Weber carburetors, and mated with a five speed Tremec transmission. Differential is a 3:73 to 1 posi-trac Salisbury with independent rear suspension. It is dialed in, tuned and tested, and ready for a new owner.
Body – Shelby Hand Laid Fiberglass
Chassis & Suspension - 3-inch diameter DOM steel frame
- Upper transverse leaf springs w/lower arms, independent front and rear suspension
- 1" x 11-7/16" OD disc, dual piston Shelby branded caliper front brakes
- 3/4" x 11-7 /16" OD disc, dual piston Shelby branded caliper rear brakes
- Shelby full leather interior with door map pockets
- Shelby custom black carpeting
- Side exit exhaust in front of rear wheel
- 15" Alloy Halibrand style wheels
50th ANNIVERSARY FEATURES
- Viking Blue body color
- Arctic White stripes and roundels (“meat balls”)
- 50th Anniversary Billet badging including:
- Front & Rear FIA Cobra emblems
- 50th Anniversary side badging
- Steering Wheel FIA Cobra Emblem
- Engine plate with Shelby CSX identification number
- Detachable Steering wheel
- Complete exhaust (to fit 289/302 V8 Ford Windsor style engines)
- FIA style wheels with Arctic White centers
- 50th Anniversary cobra car cover
Note that the pictures you see were provided by Shelby American and are not the actual car. The car in the photographs has a yellow team stripe, no numbers in the roundels, and Goodyear race tires. The car we have available is identical, but with a red team stripe, the number “16” painted in the roundels, and street legal tires. The cars are otherwise identical in appearance.
This Cobra is located in the Dallas/Fort Worth area and available to view and inspect by appointment. Call Mark at 817-247-1981 for more information, or to schedule time to see it.
Call Nevada Classics: 702-785-0090 or fill out our contact form for more information.